Monday, April 19, 2010

-on Gordon-

Hi, I would like to share this message from my girlfriend Mia. :)
Why we are routing to for Gordon.

------------------------

I don’t want to eradicate his personal achievements as they were already obvious. He was successful in all his appointment/elected positions and bills passed – Red Cross volunteer, SBMA leader, Olongapo Mayor, Department of Tourism - WOW Philipines, and Automated Poll election.

Based on my personal experience, I want to... share a story why I’m voting for him.

------------------------
Pinatubo Eruption
------------------------
Back in 1992 when Mt. Pinatubo erupted, I was able to chance upon Richard "Dick" Gordon when Red Cross went to the evacuation center in Florida Blanca in Pampanga to give relief good for the victims. Yes, our family was one of the victims in Bacolor Pampanga. First floor and almost second floor of our house was submerged by Lahar. I just knew him as one of the volunteers for Red Cross and I never knew that he was also Politician that time not until my Aunt told me. Pardon me for not knowing because that time I’m not fond of watching news so I don’t know that much about current events and who’s the mayor of whose town.

I told my aunt “ahhh kaya pala masipag at kunware matulungin kasi baka nagpapabango lang at gusto ulet tumakbong Mayor ng Florida sa susunod na election”

“hinde sya Mayor dito sa Pampanga, Mayor sya sa Olongapo” My aunt said.

“ahh talaga.. kala ko dito eh, eh di matulungin talaga sya kasi di naman pala nya kailangan magpag good shot sa atin kung hinde sya dito tatakbo…”

That was the first marked of Gordon to me. We stayed in evacuation center for 2 weeks and I can still recall him visited our area twice or thrice to give relief goods.

----------------
Subic Tour
----------------

I just heard how disciplined the people in Subic was. When I went there in year 2003, I have experienced it personally. When we we’re in a bus going to Subic for a tour, our bus driver was reckless in NLEX, he overdrives, stop, go, stop go.. that I was even holding breath as I really wanted to throw up. But, when we got to Subic, he was suddenly transformed to a different person. He followed traffic lights, stopped on PedXing even when there’s no car crossing on the other lane. I overheard him telling his partner, “Pre, akala mo lang walang pulis dyan pero pag tumawid ka magugulat ka bigla na lang me manghuhuli sayo kaya dapat hinto tayo”. (Hehe… pede naman palang sumunod eh bakit pag sa subic lang kayo me disiplina). I saw how organized and disciplined the people were in Subic and I heard in news as they progress during the time of FVR so I said that if Gordon will run for higher position e.g. Senator or President, he’ll surely get my vote.

------------------------
WOW Philippines
------------------------
Gordon was appointed as secretary of DOT. For the first time, I saw tarpaulin hanging in Edsa promoting tourism from our Provinces. I said, “galing talaga ni Gordon, bakit hinde ito naisip dati pa”. I remember again that time when Gordon was appointed as secretary of DOT, there were massive kidnapping from our provinces by Abu Sayaff. And yet, inspite of it all, he was able to encourage tourist (local and internation) to visit our beautiful Islands.

My berks also visited WOW Philippines in Intramuros that time and in fact, it was my first time to visit the place.

----------------------
First time Voter
----------------------

Yes, I’m a first time voter and I’m so excited to vote. Why? I just turned 18 hahaha. When I went to Comelec last year and approach one personnel that I want to register, he asked me “Are you 18 already?” and then I showed him my ID with my date of birth on it. He was surprised. For those who know how old I am, they would agree to me that it was really a HUGE compliment hahaha (gusto ko tlaga isali yun usapan, bakit ba?)… .. So to continue…

When I first saw Villar and Mar infomercial at the start of Year 2009, I said “I will never, ever cast my vote to these two candidates, masyadong excited.” I have a bad discernment that they have hidden agenda that’s why they were campaigning early (mark my word!).

Last year as I’ve watched Kris’ Eulogy, part of her speech was she and Noy are in position to continue what their parents have started for this country. Believe me when I heard that, it does sound to me that she was already campaigning for her brother. I guess her speech drew everything out of proportion when Mar concealed and decided to run for Vice President and convinced Noy to run for the higher position instead. This doesn’t surprise me anymore. Seeing those millions of people who have sympathized and participated in the funeral Parade of our late President Cory was really unfathomable and it gives me goose bumps. But what gives me more goose bumps was when an opportunist/evil took his chance again to acquire those masses and put someone on the pedestal to play as a saviour. History repeats itself and yet again. Filipino has to think forward not backward.

We are to change our mentality – really! I’m voting for Gordon because of his track record and platform. On debates, he is a favorite of most students because he speaks spontaneously with basis and facts. One time, I watched debate and they were asked who is their inspiration or hero? Chiz answered none because no one qualified yet for being a hero. Come on! Translation – wala akong maisip eh kaya wala na lang hehehe – that was the lamest answer I ever heard, knowing that it came from Chiz. On the other hand, Gordon answered that it was his father :-)

When have you ever been inspired by a Filipino politician? Me, it was when Gordon ran. After the election, whether Win or lose, he’ll still be my president. I can sleep well at night knowing that I have voted for the one who deserves to run our country not by survey/popularity.

-------------
Disclaimer
-------------

Alright, I’m posting this on my wall not to invite debates. If you are PRO- Gordon, feel free to post comments and let’s encourage the masses. For those who opposed then so be it but no drooling please, post your comment on your wall instead. You’re not welcome to post your comment here hehe :p

------------------------

No comments: