Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pinoy_Blogfest 1.0

-Richmonde Hotel, Ortigas Center


The event was a blast. I arrived around 8:30 am. People were just piling up. The program starts with our National Anthem and invocation.


Welcome remarks were done by Ms. Maribelle M. Alba, President and CEO of Great Minds Media, Inc. She talks about how the Internet particularly the social networking pave its way to the Philippines. I assume, you have a Facebook and Multiply account; last is Twitter. Twitter is indeed famous among celebrities. You can follow them and check how they are doing on a daily basis. With Friendster, this site is still strong; in fact according to Maribelle, Friendster is strong in Asia. She also defines blogging as Citizen Journalist. She quotes a definition of Citizen Journalism from Wikipedia as...


Citizen journalism is the concept of members of the public "playing an active role in the process of collecting, reporting, analyzing and disseminating news and information. 

This is true. We bloggers play a role to inform and even educate people within our community or outside.


The second speaker is Mr. Abe Olandres of http://www.yugatech.com/ .


He speaks on how to monetize by blogging. I am not familiar with this, my buddy Arvin was not around. I'm sure me missed a lot! He mentioned Nuffnag is doing well here in the Philippines. I haven't maximized this ad service. But I am a registered.




 
The third speaker was Mr. Ira Panganiban of http://freespits.wordpress.com/. He tackles bloggers as a media practitioners. He defined propaganda as facts that turned twisted. An example of this was Noynoy's psychiatric issue. He said that it is true that Noynoy had a severed depression when his father died. That is a fact. But it got twisted to making him a crazy person. This is wrong.



The last speaker for the morning session was Ms. Yvonnne Chua of Vera Files

Vera Files is published by veteran Filipino journalists taking a deeper look into current Philippine issues. Vera is Latin for “true.”
 She emphasized on the code of ethics as bloggers. Journalist have code of ethics while bloggers, have none.



I've learned that, as a blogger, you should know the source. Whether it is authentic or not, we should know where we have the information that you are writing. Take note, Journalists have the right not to divulge their source. Unlike, bloggers, if we get sued; we should identify where, how, and to whom you obtained the information. With the exemption, if it pertains to national security. A good example is when we are at war that results to national security.

In addition, channel 7 is not part of KBP according to Ms. Yvonnne.  I've learned a lot. We didn't realize that it was passed 12 noon. Well it's lunch time! What can I say, food was great! I ate a ton! Arvin was still not around. Ice tea is unlimited. According to one of the staffs, the chef is a Filipino. No wonder. He's mushroom soup was the best!


Yum Yum!


Soup was so delicious! I even get 3 servings! I'll rate their main course, a perfect 10. I munch, munch. I did not realized, my buddy Arvin was still not around that time.




And of course, the dessert! Too bad I was not able to get the names of these courses.



While we were having a bite on our food, the representative from Coke talked about the value of nutrition and of course drinking water. See the picture below. Sorry I was not able to catch the name of the speaker. 



And finally, my friend arrived! Luckily, the buffet was waiting for him.


Richmonde's bar:
  
If you want to go to their open bar, it is open every day. You'll only have to shell out Php425. This includes all you can drink (alcoholic beverages) and food. This is only from 5pm until 8pm.

After devouring Richmonde's masterpiece, we attended the afternoon's break session. We cannot attend all of them though. Here's Gadgets Magazine has in-stored for us on that day.

  • Technology Trends
  • Photography
  • Home Digital Living
  • Mobile Networking
  • Gaming
  • Food & Travel / Health & Fitness
We focus on Food & Travel / Health & Fitness. Though we did go to Technology Trends; learn about graphics is needed to run a high-end Gaming. Sometimes it is bigger than a mother board.


Going back on the food industry; Chef Mikel 'Kel' Zaguirre (one of the chefs in Richmonde and from De La Salle-College of St. Benilde) cooked healthy burger and a salad for us. Someone asked, how much the burger usually cost if ordered from a restaurant, he said roughly Php200-300. Wow! The burger is tasty. I managed to grabbed pictures of the recipes. Only my bebe, Mia can follow this! Not me.








Chef Mikel doing the works. The picture on the left is a Portobello mushroom.




The next recipe is Romaine and crab stick salad roll. Please see the results below:

                                           Close up:

Now we go on to running. Running burns calories! We need to burn our fatty fats. I know we have runners out here. I was once a runner too! Guess this time, I have to push it up against! I am a member of HP Run, but I haven't really join an activity run except the onelasalle run. Anyways, going back to our topic. We have Mr. Sonny Bautista to speaks about the benefits of running. He is a runner enthusiast. I was not able to catch his credentials. I'll ask Arvin and keep you updated on this on this one.

He gave us 6 benefits of running:
  1. weight loss
  2. improves cardiovascular health
  3. slowdowns the aging process
  4. improves your mood (takes away stress)
  5. improves sleep
  6. increases sex drive 
Mr. Sonny itemizes some recommended clothing, shoes, and gadgets that we could use.
  • Singlet - should be technical fabric; this is better than cotton
  • Compression gear - this delays fatigue for muscles and have blood flow circulation
  • Shoes - he goes for Zoot; this shoes is designed for running
         
  • Watch - Nike have the ability to monitor calories and time
  • Hydration belt - use to carry water and Gatorade
  • Chocolate energy bar
  • Hammer gell - energy food
  • Hydra pack - this is better that hydration belt because it carries more water and Gatorade; it has a hose for easy drinking  -edited--

During the session, I test the massage chair below. This chair cost around Php200K++.  You can check their site here, Isukoshi. The chair was really good. If you are a newbie, the advisable massage time is 30 minutes. What good about this chair is, it is fully automatic. It slowly caresses your back, work on your feet; rub your knees and arms. It does everything. It has music too!

Two thumbs up!

 


After break sessions, next event, Raffle and cocktails! I was eying for the 24 inch LG LCD. I take home an LG Laptop bag. That's all right, Arvin has none, haha. 
















With Blogger, Ferdinand Bondoy





Credits from the sponsors:

LG

Reebok's Asstounding

The event was astounding! I've learn a lot. The only thing that was missing was firecrackers! I told Ms. Maribelle we need another event for this one. Thanks also to Ms. Lorie Bernardo for including me to this event.

More photos, please visit my Facebook.

Thanks!

No comments: